This Privacy statement explains in general terms how we protect the privacy of your personal information under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). In summary, ‘personal information’ is information or an opinion relating to an individual which can be used to identify that individual.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Kimberly James Furniture. Kimberly James Furniture reserves the right to vary the information contained in this Privacy statement from time to time without further notice to you. We encourage you to regularly check our Privacy statement.
Collection of Personal Information
Kimberly James Furniture collects personal information as part of the services it provides to its clients. These services involve the management of social media platforms, such as Facebook. Management includes third parties interacting with users of those social media platforms on behalf of Kimberly James Furniture. Kimberly James Furniture clients might respond to marketing activities such as games and competitions, or to submit content to chat and discussion forums. The type of information Kimberly James Furniture may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) personal information such as:
- name and such contact details as might be supplied by users (e.g. username, email address);
- your server’s IP address or your personal IP address;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- the address of the referring site (e.g. the previous site that you visited).
Kimberly James Furniture generally collects personal information when users subscribe to our social media platforms. When or before we collect personal information, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- the purposes for which the information is collected;
- where applicable, any law that requires the information to be collected; and
- the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not provided.
Kimberly James Furniture may also use personal information to keep users informed of changes to our social media platforms, new products and services or to let users know about special offers that may be of interest. Users will have the option to unsubscribe at any time if they would rather not receive this information.
Kimberly James may use and disclose the personal information of users for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act. In general, we use and disclose the personal information of users for the following purposes:
- to market our products and services;
- to communicate with users;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to help us manage and enhance our services.
We may disclose the personal information of users to:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as agents and/or contractors for administration and to service your membership);
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities; and
- anyone else to whom users authorise us to disclose it.
Protecting your personal information
Kimberly James Furniture takes reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Whilst Kimberly James Furniture endeavours to protect users’ information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted or received by users online. These activities are conducted at the risk of users. Once we receive a transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
It is also important for users to protect against unauthorised access to passwords and membership numbers. Users are reminded to always close the browser at the end of a session to protect personal information if a computer is shared or used in a public place.
Where we no longer require personal information for a permitted purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage users to contact us to update any personal information we hold.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, users may gain access to the personal information which we hold by contacting us. We will require users to verify their identity and to specify what information is required.
Links to other sites
This site may contain links to other sites. Kimberly James Furniture is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
For more detailed Privacy information on our information handling practices you can contact us: email@example.com or +618 8293 8966